Wednesday 2 December 2015

All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven

Reading other peoples blogs really inspire me, i love to hear what thoughts people have and their opinions, so reading their blogs is a window into their minds. 

Reading blogs every day and most of the day really got me into reading, and if anyone knows me they will know I've not really been a big fan of reading. I suddenly had the urge to read a book. yes an actual book, the last time i read a book of my own accord and actually finished it was a long time ago  and it was a goosebumps book 'The haunted school' and i can generally say that has been the only book that i thoroughly enjoyed and couldn't put down, until i found this new book.

I love a good story, about love, drama, horror, anything really, especially ones that tug on the heart strings (why do we do this to ourselves). So i did a little shopping around and after many many wonderful reviews i settled on ' All The bright places' by Jennifer Niven. 

Oh how i wish i could start reading over again, and how i wish i could have done something to save one of the characters. It made me want to jump into the book and rescue Finch (one of the main characters), It makes you feel all the emotions with a sense of adventure. You almost put yourself on their position just to think 'what would i do now if i were them' 




It really brings awareness of suicide and mental health which is something that shouldn't be ignored! 
I recently discovered that this film is going to be made into a film, with Jennifer Niven writing the script, i really hope the film does justice for this book and I'm sure it will! I will be counting down the days until i can see this film (even though it will probably be in a few years time) I will be the first at the cinema when it is out! Tissues at the ready! 


If anyone knows of a good heart string tugging book, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment